assist mod 3
plagerizism free please
Module 3 – Case
Organizational Dynamics: Power & Influence
As a health care leader of tomorrow, it is important that you not only understand power and influence, but are also able to manage them properly. There are many forms and sources of power and influence. To gather an appreciation for them both, we must know how they equally work and where we are in using them.
Step 1: Read the following short articles:
Bacon, T. (2010). How power works. Retrieved from
Bacon, T. (2010). How influence works. Retrieved from
Step 2: Take the “Influence Effectiveness” and “Power Source” Self-Assessments at the following source:
Bacon, T. (2010). Self assessments. Retrieved from
**Copy your results chart (as a jpeg) for each assessment into an appendix of your paper. The result chart should look similar to the below image:
Step 3: Based on your required readings and additional research, prepare a 3- to 4-page paper completing/answering the following:
· Explain the importance of the balance of power and influence.
· Describe the five sources of power: Reward, Coercive, Legitimate, Referent, and Expert.
· Explain the four clusters of upward influence: Shotgun, Tactician, Bystander, and Ingratiator.
· Explain your results for each assessment.
· Were you surprised by your results or were they what you expected?
· Identity one of the five sources of power that you most identify with based on your results. Explain your rationale.
· Identify one of the four clusters of upward influence. Explain your rationale.
· Rationalize the important findings of your paper to a career as a health care professional.
Include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your thoughts and analysis.
2. Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages, not including the title page, reference page, or appendices.
3. Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
4. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
5. Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from