Scenario: The Writing Initiative is part of the schoolwide effort to build a shared vision and a supportive culture for writing improvement. The vision will help to identify common goals and monitor and evaluate progress toward those goals.
Create a job aid to support the school’s plan to promote an emphasis on writing skills across the curriculum. This can be an outline, presentation, or anything approved by your instructor. Your job aid must include the following:
· A SMART goal that addresses the effect that writing across the curriculum has on students’ learning
· Specific strategies that must take place for the goal to be achieved
· Each strategy must be broken down into action steps.
· Each action step is further broken down into tasks.
· Designate school personnel responsible for monitoring each step and the date every step must be completed by.
· Examples of writing-to-learn and writing in disciplines activities that can be used in content area classrooms
· Provide examples of at least 4 different writing-to-learn activities and 4 writing in disciplines activities.
· Explain how these activities can be used to develop students’ critical thinking skills and enhance their learning of content.
· Strategies for engaging learners in assessing their writing
· Examples of at least 4 note-taking strategies that incorporate writing and support students in studying texts