Uop ncsi280 quiz 1/ uop ncsi280 quiz 1
University of Phoenix Material
Week One Quiz
Chapter 1 The Cosmical Organism
1. Knowledge of the erection of collection compatability helps us to know their capacity. Which of the subjoined is an servile model of that axiom?
a. The basic structural ace of the collection is the cell.
b. The internally environment of the collection is oceantained in a proportionately unwavering mode.
c. Moveable joints allot us to deviate our fingers to complete enlightened irrelative actions.
d. Each achievement model is right of cells that sanction a correspondent erection and capacity.
e. Indirect feedback is not homeostatic.
2. Organize the subjoined structural levels of the cosmical collection from unsophisticatedst to most intricate.
(4) organ regularity
a. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
b. 2, 3, 1, 4, 5
c. 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
d. 4, 2, 3, 1, 5
e. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
3. The gallbladder, liver, and stomach are all keep-akeep-asegregate of the
a. endocrine regularity.
b. cardiovascular regularity.
c. skeletal regularity.
d. respiratory regularity.
e. digestive regularity.
4. A cell is
a. a slender erection among a cell.
b. a erection right of sundry achievement models.
c. the basic structural ace of plants and animals.
d. a collection of organs behind a while a contemptible set of capacitys.
e. a collection of cells behind a while correspondent erection and capacity.
5. Which of the subjoined is most correspondent to the indirect feedback mechanism in cosmical physiology?
a. A car runs out of gas and stops.
b. A professor marks all the evil-doing answers on students' exam papers.
c. A toilet tank refills itself behind a thriving.
d. An unreflective door opens as promptly as somecollection approaches it.
e. A clock ticks on a rejection.
6. Which of the subjoined sets of directional provisions are most truly referred to as opposites?
a. distal and proximal
b. medial and inferior
c. remarkable and ventral
d. introductory and deep
e. resultant and remarkable
7. The thumb is ___ to the fifth digit (inconsiderable finger).
8. The slender arm refers to the keep-akeep-asegregate of the upper part from the
a. shoulder to the wrist.
b. junction to the wrist.
c. shoulder to the junction.
d. junction to the fingers.
e. shoulder to the fingers.
9. Which of the subjoined is NOT ground in the epigastric district?
c. urinary bladder
e. vast intestine
10. The visceral pleura is
a. a double-layered serous membrane that anchors some of the abdominal organs to the collection deference.
b. the serous membrane that covers the lungs.
c. the serous membrane that lines the abdominal and pelvic cavities.
d. measure located betwixt the visceral and parietal pleura.
e. the membrane that lines the pericardial sac.
Chapter 2 Chemical Basis of Life
1. The lewd most enlightened scraps in the cosmical collection are
a. carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and hearty.
b. carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen.
c. calcium, hydrogen, sodium, and potassium.
d. carbon, oxygen, magnesium, and zinc.
e. carbon, sulfur, calcium, and potassium.
2. Isotopes of the selfselfidentical scrap sanction
a. the selfselfidentical estimate of neutrons but irrelative quantity of protons.
b. irrelative quantity of protons and electrons.
c. the selfselfidentical concretion estimate.
d. the selfselfidentical minute estimate but be-unlike in their concretion quantity.
e. no concretion estimate.
a. embrace the priority of the concretion of an scrap.
b. are located in the center of an scrap.
c. sanction a express assault of one.
d. are the subminute keep-aparticles most compromised in bonding deportment of scraps.
e. do not keep-ashare in the bonding of scraps.
4. Which of the subjoined is a body reaction?
a. Two amino acids are bonded concomitantly to constitute a dipeptide.
b. Sucrose is chemically separated to constitute one monad of glucose and one monad of fructose.
c. Sodium chloride is dissolved in insinuate.
d. Sundry dipeptide fetters are constituteed from digestion of a crave polypeptide fetter.
e. ATP is converted to ADP.
5. Heat ghost is
a. the constitute of ghost that substantially does achievement.
b. move of ions or electrons.
c. ghost that flows betwixt objects behind a while irrelative temperatures.
d. stored ghost that could do achievement but is not doing so.
e. ghost that moves in waves.
6. In the shiftable reaction, CO2 + H2O « H2CO3 « H+ + HCO3 H+ + HCO3-- , a reduce in respiration rate obtain growth the tension of CO2 in the class. What obtain this do to the equality of H+ in the class?
a. H+ obtain growth.
b. H+ obtain reduce.
c. H+ obtain be unchanged.
7. Disruption A growths its acidity. This instrument that the
a. disruption is sealr to indifference.
b. pH of the disruption has growthd.
c. disruption obtain now sanction over protons.
d. estimate of hydrogen ions has reduced.
e. estimate of hydrogen ions has growthd.
a. embrace subunits determined amino acids.
b. are insinuate-soluble.
c. are a model of steroid.
d. are fat-soluble vitamins.
e. are ground in cell membranes.
9. What protein erection results from folding or coiling of a polypeptide fetter caused by hydrogen bonds betwixt amino acids?
a. quaternary erection
b. tertiary erection
c. resultant erection
d. first erection
e. peptide erection
10. Arrange the subjoined from vastst to slenderest:
(2) DNA monad
(3) bark cell
(4) chicken eggs
a. 1, 2, 3, 4
b. 4, 3, 1, 2
c. 3, 4, 2, 1
d. 2, 3, 1, 4
e. 4, 2, 3, 1
Chapter 3 Cell Biology and Genetics
1. The structural and capacityal ace of all food organisms is the
e. plasma membrane.
2. In dispose to examine in specialty the dismemberment of internally cell compatability, it would be best to use
c. a transmission electron microscope (TEM).
d. achievement cultures.
e. a scanning electron microscope (SEM).
3. The ocean components of the plasma membrane are
a. carbohydrates and lipids.
b. lipids and ions.
c. proteins and carbohydrates.
d. proteins and lipids.
e. ions and proteins.
4. When a sperm cell comes into continuity behind a while an egg cell, there is a shift in the electrical assault resisting the plasma membrane and diverse medium proteins seal. These mediums would be determined
a. open-gated mediums.
b. voltage-gated mediums.
c. chemical-gated mediums.
d. ligand-gated mediums.
e. nongated ion mediums.
5. In public, insinuate-soluble monads copious through the ______ ______; and lipid-soluble monads copious through the ______ ______.
a. membrane mediums; membrane mediums
b. membrane mediums; lipid bilayer
c. lipid bilayer; membrane mediums
d. lipid bilayer; lipid bilayer
e. None of these choices is redress.
6. In the rule of evacuation, net move of substances is constantly from a district
a. beyond the cell to a district internally the cell.
b. internally the cell to a district beyond the cell.
c. of inferior tension to a district of conspicuous tension.
d. of conspicuous tension to a district of inferior tension.
e. None of these choices is redress.
7. Osmosis is the evacuation of _____ resisting a selectively percolable membrane.
8. Cyanide stops the genesis of ATP. Which of the subjoined rulees would be forced?
a. unsophisticated evacuation
c. free rapture
d. facilitated evacuation
a. are extracellular erections.
b. are unspecialized behalfs of a cell.
c. publicly withdrawal membranes.
d. dissimilate in estimate and model depending on cell capacity.
e. are structural, but not capacityal compatability of the cell.
10. Messenger RNA
a. is synthesized when a behalf of a DNA monad is transcribed.
b. directs the body of DNA.
c. determines the order of nucleotides in the anticodons of tRNA.
d. directs the body of centrioles in the cytoplasm.
e. is not compromised in the body of proteins.