Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
This week you have learned about the basic control process and methods (bureaucratic, objective, normative, concertive and self-control) to achieve to enhance performance in an organization. To demonstrate how control processes are applied in the workplace, this week’s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers effectively control their responsibilities.
- What does control mean for a business? What do companies have to do to be in control?
- What key points in the article support your statements?
Copy and paste the URL address of the article so it can be easily shared with your classmates.