1. Use your imagination to come up with a new species and describe or draw the species (if you draw, take a picture of your drawing and upload that file as well). Explain how your new species arose, using the concepts of mutation and natural selection properly (hint: read this section in your text first!)
2. Explain dormancy in plants (not their seeds), giving an example of where/when you have seen a dormant plant
3. Why don’t arctic and alpine plants experience frost damage?
4.Here is a picture of a desert plant. Describe a few adaptations that this plant has that allow it to live in the desert.
5. Describe at least 2 different compounds that plants use to heal wounds
6. What is the function of tannins in plants and what are they used for by humans?